Devils' Advocate

The Student News Site of Henry Clay High School

Devils' Advocate

Devils' Advocate

Richmond Road offers holiday drinks from many coffee shops

Starbucks has several holiday drinks for this season

There have been many coffee shops constructed this year. A few of them have been on Richmond Road for a while such as Starbucks and Common Grounds. But it is finally the time of the year that holiday drinks are being released. But how affordable and convenient are these different shops? Coffee available on Richmond Road is Common Grounds, 7Brew, Starbucks, Human Bean, and Dunkin Donuts (coming soon).

Starbucks is one of the most popular coffee shops in the world. Every year Starbucks along with other shops, release their holiday themed drinks. This year the drinks include Peppermint Mocha, Caramel Brulée latte, Chestnut Praline latte, Iced Sugar Cookie Almond Milk latte, and the Gingerbread Oat Milk Chai. Their prices can vary depending on the size of the drink, and type you buy. These sizes include Demi, Short, Tall, Grande, Venti, and Trenta. Starbucks is an accessible area for people to go visit.

Another coffee shop gaining popularity is 7Brew. Their holiday drinks this year are the Holiday Punch Energy, Mistletoe Chai Latte, and the Candy Cane Cold Brew. 7Brew has gained its popularity due to its recent opening on Richmond Road. The prices for the drinks also vary depending on the sizes, which are small, medium, and large. 7Brew is very open to HC students due to its open space and quick service.

On the other side of Richmond Road, the coffee shop The Human Bean released their holiday drinks for this year. These include Chocolate Macadamia Dream, Santa’s Special, Candied Peppermint, and Eggnog Latte. Just like other shops, prices vary depending on the size, which are the 12, 16, 24, and 32 ounces. Depending on the way that you drive to HC, it can be harder to get to Human Bean.

Dunkin Donuts is also an upcoming shop. It is not open yet, but their website advertises Toasted White Chocolate Iced Signature Latte, Peppermint Mocha Signature Latte, Cookie Butter Cold Brew, and Spiced Cookie Iced Coffee. Common Grounds is also another coffee shop on Richmond Road, and they don’t have specific holiday drinks, but you can still enjoy their coffee.

If you don’t like coffee, some of these shops have different options, such as tea, refreshers, or energy drinks. All of them have food options, some with more variation than others. There are also some fast food places that have coffee on Richmond Road, but not all have specific holiday drinks.