Devils' Advocate

The Student News Site of Henry Clay High School

Devils' Advocate

Devils' Advocate

Upcoming line-up at Rupp Arena has something for everyone

Photo of Rupp Arena sourced from Central Bank Center

It is concert season at Rupp Arena in the upcoming months. These artists include Tyler Childers, Drake and J Cole, Fall Out Boy with Jimmy Eat World, and Cody Johnson. They each sing different genres of music ranging from country to rap.

The country singer Tyler Childers is the last concert at Rupp Arena for 2023. He will be coming on December 30th and 31st. The tour is titled “Send in the Hounds” and is traveling all through the United States and Europe. His most popular song is called “All Your’n” released in 2019 and has over 200,000,000 listens. Childers has released six studio albums in his singing career including “Rustin’ in the Rain”, “Purgatory”, and “Long Violent History”.

Famous rappers Drake and J Cole are coming to Lexington on March 10th, 2024. The tour is called “It’s All a Blur”. The duo is traveling all around the US and going to states like Alabama, Florida, New York, and Kentucky. Drake has over 81.5 million monthly listeners on Spotify. This is a big deal for Rupp since Drake is very popular so lots of people will be coming to Lexington. The popularity could help benefit small businesses in the community over the weekend. Drake has just released a new album called “For All the Dogs” and listeners are very excited to listen to it live for the first time. This year J Cole has collabed with Drake on a song called “First Person Shooter”, but this is not the first time they have released a song together. They have previously released J Cole’s “In the Morning” and Drake’s “Jodeci Freestyle”.

Rock band Fall Out Boy along with Jimmy Eat World will be performing at Rupp on March 30th, 2024. The band’s genre consists of emo pop-punk. Next year they will be traveling all around the US and some parts of Europe. Fall Out Boys’ most popular song is Centuries released in 2014. Their most recent album is called “So Much (for) Stardust”. Jimmy Eat World has released ten studio albums including “Bleed American”, “Clarity”, and “Futures”.

Lastly, Country singer Cody Johnson will be at Rupp Arena on April 12, 2024 on his tour called “The Leather Tour”. During his career he has released six studio albums. Johnson has released his set list and some of the songs include “Let’s Build a Fire” and “With You I Am”. On Spotify he has 8.8 million monthly listeners. At Rupp he will be touring with Justin Moore and Drake Milligan.

There are lots of well known artists stopping at Rupp Arena on their tour and there is a different genre for everyone. The popularity will greatly benefit the city and the businesses that people support.