Devils' Advocate

The Student News Site of Henry Clay High School

Devils' Advocate

Devils' Advocate

HC girls’ golf reflects on successful posteason

With the high school golf season coming to a close, HC girls’ golf team member Kylah Lunsford looks back on an exciting postseason. Lunsford describes how she and her teammates were able to compete and qualify for  the state tournament, and some of the competition she faced along the way. The postseason had its ups and downs, but Lunsford made some great memories  with her team along the way. 

Lunsford describes how exactly the girls golf postseason works, and how many teams advance from each level.

“We had regions,” Lunsford said. “From there two teams and ten individuals went to sub state, and from there, three teams and fifteen individuals went to state.”

The HC team had a good run in the postseason, as Lunsford speaks about how far along the team got during these tournaments.

“From Henry Clay, we had EP Cassidy and (Lunsford) make it to state.” Lunsford said. 

A variety of schools competed with Lunsford and the HC team, with many being from around the city and surrounding counties.

“We had Lafayette, Madison Central, Bryan Station, LCA, Lexington Catholic, and a bunch of other Fayette County schools.”

The HC golf team had its highs and lows throughout the postseason, with Lunsford mentioning some of her most memorable moments.

“I was always nervous that I wasn’t going to make it, or I was going to play badly,” Lunsford said. “It was really fun for (Lunsford) and EP to make (state) because EP was always nervous, and (the team) all had faith that she could make it.”

Lunsford was satisfied as to how her postseason went, and only wished one thing had gone differently.

“I think we did pretty good,” Lunsford said. “I think the only way it could’ve gone better was for us to do better as a team.”