Devils' Advocate

The Student News Site of Henry Clay High School

Devils' Advocate

Devils' Advocate

Lexington offers a variety of activities to do on Spring Break

There are many places to explore in Lexington over break.

Many students in Fayette County are looking forward to Spring Break next week. Some students are traveling to other states or countries, while others are staying close to home. Lexington and surrounding counties have many activities to offer if you’re planning on not traveling.

There are many arcades, bowling alleys, and restaurants in Lexington, but Main Event and LexLive has all three. Main Event is located on 240 Canary Road by Fayette Mall. Main Event has bowling, arcade games, and laser tag. Along with games they also have a restaurant to enjoy. They have many options to choose from like Loaded Fries, the PBB&J Burger, and desserts like a warm skillet cookie. Another popular attraction similar to Main Event is LexLive. LexLive is located at 301 South Broadway. LexLive is a great place to go to watch a sports game or see a movie. LexLive has lots to offer and ten auditoriums for watching movies.

Along with these attractions other places you can visit are Countdown Games or Activate Games in Hamburg. Countdown Games is located at 1872 Plaudit Place. Countdown Games is an escape room with twelve games to play. They have games like Supernova, Murder Mansion, and Prison Break. Some games are harder than others and require a certain amount of people in each room. You have exactly an hour to break out of the room or else you lose. Activate Games is located at 2312 Sir Barton Way. Activate has eight rooms that you can go in at your own pace. Each room has different difficulties and games to play.

Sky Zone is located on 3644 Boston Road. They have many activities to offer like Freestyle Jump, Skyslam, Ultimate Dodgeball, and much more. Their time varies depending on the day. On Friday through Sunday, usually starting at 7 or 8pm, Sky Zone has an event called Glow. At Glow you receive a free shirt that glows in the dark and the whole park is covered in LED lights. Similar to Sky Zone, Get Air Trampoline Park is another popular attraction close to Lexington. Get Air is located at the Amusement center in Nicholasville. They have lots to offer like Dodgeball, foam pits, and Slamball.

If you are looking for something to do outside of Lexington, Mammoth Cave is the perfect place to visit. Mammoth Cave is located in Edmonson, Hart, and Barren counties. There are many activities to enjoy there, but most people attend the cave tours. A tour guide will take you with a group into the cave and you get to explore the cave for the amount of time you pay for. There are tours ranging from 1.5 hrs to 6 hrs.. Another great place to explore the outdoors is Red River Gorge. Red River Gorge is located in Slade county. They offer activities such as climbing, hiking, ziplining, and tours. You can also freely explore the flora and fauna the gorge and basin has to offer. You can also rent a cabin and spend multiple days there.

All of the activities above would be a great way to spend Spring Break if you plan on staying in Lexington. For all of the attractions above make sure to check their website for more information such as pricing and their hours.