Devils' Advocate

The Student News Site of Henry Clay High School

Devils' Advocate

Devils' Advocate

Galentine’s Day comes with many different ways to spend the day

Popular Conversation Hearts sold during Valentines Day time.

Valentine’s Day is approaching quickly and many have began making plans. Lots of people go out to dinner or spend time with their significant others. However, some girls are preparing to celebrate Galentine’s. There are lots of ways to celebrate the holiday and there are many ideas to share.

One way to celebrate is to order or prepare food. To start off Galentine’s Day on the right foot, there are heart shaped waffles with syrup and fruit for a delicious breakfast. There are other breakfast foods to enjoy such as bacon, eggs, and sausage. As a lunch choice, making heart shaped quesadillas with an assortment of sides and toppings would be a great Galentine’s Day meal. There is heart shaped pasta with marinara sauce and parmesan cheese with a side of veggies for a more healthy dinner option. If ordering in is more accommodating, Chick-Fil-A offers a heart shaped platters with 30 chicken nuggets or 10 Chick-n-minis (only available in the morning).

Food is a big part of a successful gathering. Having food based on the party theme can add to the visual appeal of Galentine’s.

Desserts are a big part of Valentine’s Day, and lots of main brand sellers have a Valentine’s Day edition of their candy. Reese’s has the peanut butter cup hearts, Hershey’s pink kisses, and Sour Patch Kids hearts. There are many sweet treats that you can make to be Valentine’s themed, by adding a simple heart or red and pink colored sprinkles. Charcuterie boards are a great way to display baked goods. Brownies, chocolate covered strawberries, and heart shaped cookies are very popular Valentine’s Day treats.

Although food is a major part of a good party, entertainment is just as important.

There are many Valentine’s Day themed activities to do around the house or that may have to be purchased. Many involve miniature candies or marshmallows. Some people play a game where they pick four random colored Conversation Hearts and the rest are separated into bags based on the number of people playing. Each person grabs a bag and their four Conversation Hearts. They trade one heart from each bag and rotate the bags in a circle until they get four matching Conversation Hearts. The first person to do so wins.

Painting or doing crafts is another activity that can be done for Galentine’s entertainment.

Doing crafts is a great way to celebrate the holiday with friends. There may have to be supplies purchased, like paint or string. Although a great activity is to make origami heart baskets to store things in. Some people may like to paint Valentine’s Day themed paintings with hearts, and other features resembling the holiday. Making jewelry is also creative way to celebrate. There are many ways to make jewelry like with clay beads, pony beads, and string.

A Galentine’s Day party is a fun and heartwarming way to spend time with your gals. It is super easy to plan for and a great way to spend the holiday this year.