Devils' Advocate

The Student News Site of Henry Clay High School

Devils' Advocate

Devils' Advocate

Junior and Senior prom is coming up at HC

Prom informational posters located around the school.

Prom is approaching and the student council is preparing for the event. Senior class sponsor Denise Minor, a science teacher at HC, is looking forward to the event. Prom is taking place on May 4th at the Carrick House on North Limestone, and tickets are being sold at $40 per person from 12 to 1:15 PM in the cafeteria every day April 10th – 26th.

“It is A Night at the Races,” Minor said. “It’s a Derby theme because it’s on Derby day.”

Along with the theme of Prom, specific colors will be used to decorate the venue.

“Our theme colors are going to be gold, black, and red,” Minor said. “However, we have backgrounds that are white and black, and then we have a mural being painted as well.”

To enhance the venue, Minor has lots of decorations for students to enjoy.

“We are going to use the Derby theme,” Minor said. “We will have roses on the tables, we have a parent who is going to paint a mural that looks like they are at the races at Churchill Downs, we have a large horseshoe that is going to be decorated with roses, that will be a background, and then we had a custom neon sign made.”

If a student wants to bring a guest other than the juniors and seniors at HC, they need to fill out a guest form for that student.

“They need to fill out the form, and then they also have to make a printed photo copy, and that’s the big deal, that they actually have printed it out, a printed photo copy.” Minor said. “The reason we do that is if their guest shows up and they forgot their ID, and it could be in another county or another state, we have a printed out picture so that we can verify that’s who they are.”

Minor and students are looking forward to Prom. The effort and changes of the venue and decorations Minor and Senior Class Officers have made are going to put forth a great event.