Devils' Advocate

The Student News Site of Henry Clay High School

Devils' Advocate

Devils' Advocate

Limited edition Stanley results in chaos at Targets

Common Stanley found at Dick’s Sporting Goods.

There has been an uprising in the popularity of Stanley tumblers throughout the world. Target has recently added limited edition cups which are the Valentine’s Day tumblers, through the Starbucks and Stanley partnership. These tumblers have created quite the stir causing lines early in the morning just to try and get a cup. Almost all the tumblers are sold out everywhere.

The Stanley Tumblers have been quite popular since their release in 2016. Most people prefer the 30 and 40 oz tumblers. There are also other sizes that range from 12 oz – 64 oz. Kids sizes and patterns are also featured. The cups include multiple features- a three position lid, reusable straw, comfort-grip handle, and much more listed on their website.

The more popular tumblers are getting a lot of attention, these are the limited edition tumblers at Target. The Valentine’s Day tumblers have two colors, pink and red. Next to the logo on the tumbler there is a small heart, also the wrapping around the cup presents it as a gift to someone else. The Starbucks and Stanley collaboration tumbler is all pink with a shimmer-like hue, with the Stanley logo followed by the Starbucks logo.

Starbucks and Stanley have collaborated multiple times before. Previous collaboration cups have come in many different shapes, colors, and sizes. Their most recent collaboration, besides the pink tumbler, was the holiday tumbler. It is all red and has a metallic looking finish, and it has the same logo as the pink tumbler.

Buyers have been going to extreme conditions just to get the product, and Target has worked to prevent this. On social media, many post their own experiences. One Target is handing out tickets to get a Starbucks tumbler, one ticket is equal to one tumbler. The goal for this is to prevent one person from getting more tumblers than the other, and to make it more equal for buyers. There are also videos of people running to the area of the Valentine’s Day tumblers just to get one, the limit to the amount of Valentine’s Day tumblers is two.

Stanley continues to produce new tumblers, with new colors, patterns, and sizes. Some limited edition, and some that are just a twist on the original tumbler. Most people expect different colors to come out in the future, as well as sizes and patterns.