Little accepts job at FCPS Central Office

Photo courtesy of Mark Walsh, photography editor, 2017.

Evie Smith, Co-Editor-in-Chief

On Friday, March 10, 2023, HC Principal Paul Little informed the HC community of his resignation. After 18 years at HC, 11 of which were as an associate principal and seven as head principal, Little has made the decision to step down from his position. However, this is not his retirement; Little will now be a principal on special assignment for FCPS. 

For many, this decision may have come as a surprise. Little had previously stated that he would retire after the 2021-2022 school year is complete, which was then delayed to after the completion of the 2023-2024 school year. However, with Little’s new statement of resignation, his last day at HC will be June 30, 2023. 

My time at Henry Clay High School has been incredibly wonderful,” Little’s letter of resignation said. “I have thoroughly enjoyed working with you and all the families I have served for the past 18 years at Henry Clay. It truly has been an honor.”

Within the letter, Little expresses his honor to have worked at HC and how grateful he has been for this 18-year experience. 

“I hope to maintain my relationship with the Henry Clay High School community,” Little said. “I will be forever grateful for being welcomed into this family and given the opportunity to learn and grow as an educator and as a man.”

Little will be dearly missed by the HC community, but we wish him the best of luck with his new position.