Halloween and fall events abound in Kentucky

Christiana Barlow, Reporter

Fall break is coming up and you know what that means; spooky times, pumpkin pie, and spiced chai. During fall break there are amusing activities available that are COVID-19 friendly. For example: making a cup of hot chocolate, watching a movie, or going apple picking. Finding ways to stay safe and enjoy events with family and friends during this upcoming fall break can create a more memorable time. 

One event coming up is Freaky Friday Flicks. Every Friday in October there are family friendly spooky movies at Masterson Station Park.The next movie showing is on Friday, October 8th. Next week’s Frankenweenie is about a boy’s dog that passes away suddenly, and he attempts to bring the animal back to life through a science experiment. Pre-Show activities begin at 6 p.m. and movies begin at 7:30 p.m. Admission is free for everyone. Make sure to bring your own blankets and chairs. 

If you enjoy being scared, then “Fright Nights Kentucky” is perfect for you. It is open every Thursday through Sunday during the month of October. Fright Nights has now moved to a new location on South Broadway near the UK Campus in Lexington. Be prepared for “the most terrifying experience” in Central Kentucky. Fright Nights Kentucky is also helping prevent the spread of COVID-19 by requiring that masks be worn to keep their staff and customers safe. 

During the break, apple picking is an entertaining activity to do with a group of friends if you enjoy being in nature. Located in Versailles KY, Eckert’s Apple Orchard is an apple and pumpkin picking farm for all ages. Make sure to buy field admission tickets online for everyone attending and purchase a field access pass in advance, to secure your picking time slot. Board the wagon and enjoy a ride out to the fields to pick from their harvest. 

These are a few activities that are safe and enjoyable you can do during your break.